Hello everyone and welcome again to the Growing Your Firm podcast. Today’s guest is Jim Bourke, managing director of advisory services at Withum. He also works with the AICPA as a conference co-chair and is a member of the board of directors of MJTC. In this podcast, we talk about how Withum transitioned from only offering standard CPA services into becoming an advisory-focused firm. We’ll talk about how they managed to learn what their client’s additional needs are and how you could do the same thing at your own firm to offer the perfect advisory services for your clients. In this episode of the Growing Your Firm Podcast, David Cristello and Jim Bourke discuss:
- Why firms need to be concerned about automation
- How advisory services can help you dodge that bullet
- How Withum discovered which services to provide over lunch
- Why firms need to get over the fear of asking their clients what they want, even if they can’t provide it
- Strategies for how you can get additional non-accounting expertise into your firm for your advisory plans
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbourkecpa
- Twitter: @jimbourke
- Site: withum.com
- Email: email@example.com
- What do our clients currently trust us with?
- What do our clients wish they could trust us with that we could offer?