How to Run a Successful Virtual Accounting Firm w/Lisa Wolfson Jones
In this episode of Growing Your Firm, host David Cristello interviews Lisa Wolfson-Jones, owner and CPA at Mac-L Associates. Lisa shares the benefits of having client information ahead of meetings and how it helps create more effective discussions.
They also discuss running a virtual firm and serving small businesses, particularly sole proprietors and entrepreneurs.
Lisa launched Mac-L Associates in 2010, and they provide accounting services for small businesses and individuals. Tune in to learn more about Lisa’s journey and insights for growing a successful accounting firm.
This episode is sponsored by LiveFlow.
LiveFlow empowers you with flexible, powerful reporting tools to create customized dashboards that meet your specific needs. Connect to all your clients’ QuickBooks accounts and import their financial reports from QuickBooks into Google Sheets in no time. Learn more and book your demo here.
What you’ll learn
This episode is chock full of insights, you will learn about
- The benefits of preparing and sending preliminary information to clients before meetings.
- Transitioning from a traditional accounting firm to a remote firm.
- All the challenges and improvements in the process of having clients send their documents for tax preparation.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the business and how it changed how the firm works.
- What kind of software is best for firms and remote work.
- The power of daily check-in meetings.
Additionally, we touch on more around a tax planning software tool and maximizing returns for accounting firms and CPAs.