Password management software is critical for your firm, whether you’re an accountant, CPA firm, Bookkeeper, or chartered accountant. To help get you started, we’ve put together a few of our top recommendations and reviews.
Last Pass (recommended*)
What it Does: Last Pass saves you the trouble of having to remember or even jot down your passwords.
- Simple, Fast, and Effortless Browsing
- Once you’ve created your account, LastPass prompts you to save new sites as you browse – so you’ll never lose another password.
- Hassle-free log in. After saving a website’s username and password, LastPass autofills the login when you return to that site.
- Centralized data. See all your accounts and passwords in one easy-to-use “vault”, where you can edit, delete, and organize your stored data. LastPass syncs automatically, so you’re up-to-date, wherever you are.
- Streamline Online Shopping
- Store What Matters and Keep Your Data Safe
- Record Your Most Important Information
- Backup Sensitive Documents
- Send logins for shared accounts to friends and family who are fellow LastPass users. Keep passwords “hidden”, and delete when needed.
- Password Security Without The Headache
- Generate long, strong Passwords with the LastPass password generator
- Run the LastPass Security Challenge to check your progress, and identify areas where you can improve your online security. LastPass also alerts you to weak and duplicate passwords as you’re logging in to your accounts, so you can immediately generate new ones
- Get security alerts emailed to you directly, so you can be proactive about replacing passwords when other sites and services may have been hacked.
Free Trial: (Yes/No)
Yes, 14-day free trial for their Enterprise plan. They also offer a free plan but with limited features
Premium plan is $12 per year. Enterprise starts at $24 per user per year
Kaspersky Password Manager
What it Does:
Securely stores all your passwords and synchronizes them across PC, Mac, Android & iOS devices.
- Stores all your passwords securely
- Synchronize passwords via multiple devices
- Simplifies ‘sign in’ for sites and apps
- Generates strong passwords on PC
- Fills in online forms on your PC or Mac
- FREE version lets you manage 15 passwords
- Premium version – for any number of passwords
- Simplifies synchronization & security
Free Trial: (Yes/No)
They offer a free trial version
Starts at $24.95 (license does not expire)