Everyone has the same number of hours in the day, but not everyone uses them wisely. There are dozens of little mosquitoes buzzing around us to suck the time out of our days. When you start to transition to a managerial role or begin to scale up, these little distractions like long meetings and controlling email can really get out of hand. What can you use to keep them away? In this episode of the Growing Your Firm podcast, we welcome back Jason Blumer, CEO of Blumer & Associates and the CEO of Thriveal CPA Network. Jason is an advocate of the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), a holistic business model with a set of simple tools and processes that will help your business achieve the results you want. We’re just starting to use the process here at Jetpack, and we’ve brought Jason in to talk about one of its major techniques, time blocking, and how it can help you stop those pesky time mosquitoes. In this podcast, we’ll cover:
- How Jason can schedule his entire year in advance without going insane.
- How time blocks force him to get work done and keeps other tasks and people from sucking his time away.
- Why this process may be a struggle for entrepreneurs, but will secretly give them more freedom.
- What he does when there is an interruption to the schedule.
- The differences between visionaries and integrators
- More about the EOS system and how it could help your business.
- Jason Blumer’s LinkedIn page
- Gino Wickman’s author page (Traction, Rocket Fuel)
- Our last talk with Jason Blumer
- And our talk before that one!
- Client meetings
- Internal meetings
- Sales and Marketing
- Content creation
- 41 Top Productivity Apps for Accountants In Busy Season
- 5 Types of Toxic Team Members that Can Hurt Your Firm
- The Top Applications We Use at Jetpack Workflow (Review)