Welcome back to the Growing Your Firm podcast and welcome back to Chuck Bauer. This is our second interview with him and we are grateful that he’s come back to talk more about how you can take your firm to the next level. In this interview, we talk about a program that he uses to teach firms how to build recruiting systems so you can find top talent and stop wasting time with low performers. We can only scratch the surface here. His full program takes 18 hours to teach and we only have about 18 minutes! But he did share some wonderful tips with us. Take a listen or read the summary below, then reach out to him for further questions. Summary:
- Why companies are poor at hiring
- Why setting up evaluation systems drives the best talent to you
- Why a clean car may be a sign of a great candidate
- A bonus tip on leadership that you’ll have to listen to the podcast to discover!
- Inefficiencies and a focus on non-urgent tasks make firms too busy to hire.
- Firms don’t know how to attract top-performing talent.
- Firms don’t fire poor performers. (The worst problem in his eyes)