In this lesson, we’re going to cover the next critical step of your marketing…
Commonly referred to as your Unique Selling Proposition, this answers the question in your prospects mind of
“Why should I do business with you, over any and all alternatives?”
Think about how busy the marketplace is.
We’re used to seeing nearly 5,000 ads a day.
The point is, you need to cut through the clutter.
And in order to do so, you need a crystal clear marketing message (USP) to a specific target market.
So what is the formula for creating a USP?
Here are a few formulas to help you craft your Unique Selling Proposition:
- We help X, do Y, so that they can get Z
- Example: We help 7- & 8-figure construction companies automate their back office finances, so they can they increase cash flow, grow faster, and save more money on their returns.
- Get X, under Y time frame, guaranteed
- Learn how Top Construction Companies Save over $10,000 dollars on Their Returns, in Under 30 Minutes, Guaranteed.
- We Help Top Construction Companies Increase Cashflow By 154%, in Under 30 Days, Guaranteed
Now, while these formulas may seem simple, finding the true benefit of your service can be challenging.
To help kickstart the process of thinking, writing, and speaking in benefits, you can fill out the table below.
To help think through the features/benefits, you can use the phrase so you can at the end of each service you office, to really force the benefit to come out. So list your services, and then add the phrase “so you can” to help you fill out the table below.
We call this the “Feature Pain Benefit” Grid.
Once you’ve completed the grid, you will have a huge advantage over your competition, in that you will understand why your clients choose a specific service.
By overlaying this feature-benefit analysis, you can then overlay your unique selling proposition with a service or statement that matches your target market.